Wednesday 17 April 2013

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I'm home today with my munchkin so I got a chance to do some baking. We made Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, they are an absolute favourite of ours!

Here's the recipe, they are super easy to make and it doubles well too!

1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
40 mini peanut butter cups

Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cream together butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in a separate bowl. Beat in egg, vanilla extract and milk. Add flour mixture and mix well. Shape 40 small balls and place into a mini muffin pan.

** I find the number of balls I get depends on how big I shape them, which I alter depending on the size of the peanut butter cups I'm using that day. I did a double batch today with the larger foil wrapped peanut butter cups and I ended up with  91 cookies.

Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a peanut butter cup into each cookie. Let then cool completely before attempting to remove.

**I find a spoon the easiest way to get them out in one piece.

These cookies also freeze very well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment